Monday, March 12, 2012

Romans is an amazing chapter of the Bible.

Ever in a funk? Start reading aloud Romans 12-14.  You'll come out of it realllllly quickly.

This happened to me today.  Its kinda overcast out, and as I was sitting in my room for a while I was suddenly a bit overcome with just the sheer number of things I realized I had coming up, and what I had to do.

So I started reading Romans 12, "The faith chapter" of the Bible, though there are many.

Here are some amazing verses that really resonated with me. :)

Of course, to begin,

Romans 12:2 (definitely in my top 5 favorite verses in the Bible)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed (continually) by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Romans 12:9

Let love be without hypocrisy.  Abhor what is evil.  Cling to what is good.
^ Simple, but profound!

Romans 12:10-12

10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer...

Romans 12:14-18

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
16 Be of the same mind toward one another.
Do NOT set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble.  Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay NO ONE evil for evil.  Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

Romans 13: 13-14

13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.
14 But put ON the Lord Jesus Christ, (the Word of God) and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.


I'll go into more detail about this later, just had to post this! :)

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment