Saturday, August 25, 2012

How deep a deposit of love.

So I've officially been here 2 1/2 weeks now... and I've spent a lot of time observing.

I observed during TT week, I observed people in all of my classes, I observed conversations, I observed my teachers in their interactions with students and how they teach. Now, I don't say this to sound creepy or to give off the intent that I have been staring at people for the last entire 2 1/2 weeks, but what I'm saying is that I've tried to keep my eyes and ears open more, and my mouth closed.

What I saw, obviously, were some very different situations.

People's ticks, people's smiles, the way people touch their hair or face when they get nervous.
The way people shift their weight on each foot while telling a story.
The way a person may walk into a room full of people they know and not acknowledge anyone.
The dimple on someone's cheek when they smile.
A beauty mark on the side of one's face.
The way a teacher looks at you when you ask them a question they don't really know the answer to.
The look a teacher gets for a split second on their face when they're uncomfortable or thrown off guard.

All these observations, though one person might see as faults, help make up who a person is.

And... as I'm learning more and more each day, is that we should learn to love these "faults".

On another note...

God didn't create me to be anyone else but ME.

For example, I wasn't created to be...Jessica Biel. And no matter how gorgeous, talented, or famous she may be, I wasn't created to be her. Nor am I supposed to compare myself to her, or any other female on the planet. In any way.


why?... keep reading...

So as I've been looking and listening, this very principle has manifested itself in my life just in these last 2 1/2 weeks in a MASSIVE way.

Especially if you're a girl, speak this out loud.

God created me, (insert full name) to be me.
God DIDN'T create me to be (insert name of person you always compare yourself to).
If God wanted me to be (insert that person's name again), then I would have been created as them.
God never fails.
Therefore, I'm not a mistake.
I am perfect in His image JUST the was I was created.

Now, these are such simple statements, aren't they? Nothing you haven't heard before...
But these past few weeks, I don't know I guess they just finally CLICKED for me! And it's so extremely POWERFUL!

That means, that every single time I've compared myself to somebody else, I was putting my ways above Gods. I was saying that God, the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, messed up creating me, and should have created me like someone else. That means, that I was putting my own abilities above His, and WASN'T submitting to His authority or His abilities.  I wasn't trusting Him. I was walking in fear. I was ashamed. I was in doubt. I was LACKING joy. I felt worthless. I didn't feel worthy of love.

Because all I was doing was letting Satan tell me I was nothing.
Too this, too that.

Well, I'm here to tell whoever is reading this that YOU ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH!
Because Jesus was, when He died on the cross for You. (INSERT YOUR NAME HERE)
And the cool thing is, is that it doesn't matter WHAT name you put in there, the law still applies.

There's no "if and only if" property like you're solving a proof, there's no "but I have zits all over my face" or "I need to lose 5, 10, 15, or 100 lbs."
If you didn't change a SINGLE thing about yourself, right now, it's impossible that God could love you any more, or any less.

Jesus said in Matthew 11:28 that we are to "come as we are, those who carry burdens, that we may enter into His REST".
That word can also mean peace.

A new school year has begun. Classes are stressful, time slips away faster than the 5 hours of sleep we get a night.

But Jesus has come, to give us the Mighty Hebrews 4 rest that He has PROMISED us. And still promises us. He cannot fail, and never will fail us because His love for us is EXPLODING all around us!!!

I think of the picture of me sitting in a dark room, and flipping on a light switch... you can't see what direction the light is coming from, because it is ALL around you, it surrounds every part of you and casts away any fear that came from sitting alone in the dark.

That's what Jesus wants to do in your life! He wants to wrap His Fatherly arms around YOU, and comfort and guide you through this upcoming year, and through the rest of your life! There is a reason His name means helper, friend, love of your life, Abba Daddy, Healer, Redeemer.

So that if at any moment you NEED Him, He can meet and WILL meet your every need.

How deep a deposit of love goes.

And God, loves you SO much.

It took me so long to realize, but now that I know that I KNOW that I KNOW He loves me; I can finally outpour that same magnitude of love upon others, and let others love me back.

I now don't throw compliments out of my head within a second after they're given, because Satan tells me I'm not deserving.
I now accept a hug from a friend instead of squirming and squeezing up because I think I don't deserve the love.
I now smile and say the simple words of "thank you" whole heartedly when someone compliments the anointing on my singing voice, because I can accept God working through me and I know that my thank you goes directly to Him who gave me a voice for Him.

I'm empowered, strengthened, and have a vision and dream for my life.

There is POWER in the name of Jesus. To break EVERY chain.


Let His LOVE abide in you, and do a mighty work. You can be made whole, and made NEW.

MJS.

No comments:

Post a Comment