Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Year: New Perspective



(Above) 1) Belmont Bruin Mascot
              2) View from my Apartment Complex! Downtown!

So this summer was nothing less than amazing.

A lot has changed in my life; you can probably see it manifested even on the outside.

God is so good, all the time, and although I've said it before, I really got revelation of this these past 3 months.  God grew me up a lot, and led me into leadership roles I never would have thought I was ready for.

He grew me even more into a mature adult, and further away from acting like a teenager, even though I technically fall under that category.

I was introduced to many new situations, as well as people, that have changed my life forever.  One group in particular, well, I guess two, were the 2 women's groups for my church I got the privilege and honor of leading worship for. What they may not know is that they are the first people I consistently ever led for, haha.  That opened the door to leading worship for my College & Career group as well.  All around about 70 people or so. A great start!

But what was really meaningful were the relationships that I acquired and built through these groups.

Through these 3 groups I got even closer with my 2 college group leaders, as well as every wonderful lady in the women's groups.  They each helped teach me that I don't have to be perfect to impact others, and a strong leader doesn't always have to have it all together.  It's okay to be vulnerable; in fact, that's what makes a good leader.  People have to be able to relate.
The women especially were so gracious to open up their hearts, pasts, and lives to me, making me feel completely at home upon my first morning/night there.
And man, the level of thickness of the Holy Spirit grew, and grew, and did I say GREW, each and every week.
We saw people healed, changed, and forever delivered from SO many different kinds of bondage that "the stupid one" Satan tries to tie us up in knots with.

I cannot even begin to DESCRIBE how impacted I feel, how much I appreciate every word spoken over me, every prayer, and every smile given to me by these women.
I cannot even begin to describe the WISDOM that flows in that group.
And lastly, I cannot even begin to describe how much I miss them already, and it's been less than a week.

I know that God has me here for a season, and although I was NOT ready to come here, and moreso LEAVE home, it's already been night and day in comparison to last year.
I'm coming in with so much more confidence, faith, hope, love, and assurance that God's got my back.
I'm truly operating out of God's love, because I've learned His love in regards to me.
I'm confident, and self assured in the most humble way.
I'm ready to be a servant of the Kingdom.
I am working toward so many goals God has so wonderfully placed in my heart of hearts.

I am EXCITED and JOYFUL!

And that is something that the devil has NO right to take away, and never will.

Belmont 2012-13 school year, get at me, because I'm going through this year, and coming out on top.
Even through trials, I know that I was given the victory when Jesus Christ died on the cross for me at Calvary. I know He's seated at the Right Hand of the Father in Heaven, smiling down on me because He loves me, and I can't wait to fulfill His plans He's specifically designed for me.

I can't wait to share what I learn with others, and use whatever God has done in my life to help even one person in need. Because Jesus didn't just die for me, but everyone, and people need to know that!

So anyways, it's good to write again, GREAT in fact.
I AM a new creation.

Goodnight. :)

Megs.

p.s. I've lost 9 pounds! I have been delivered from the bondage of over-eating. That mess has BECOME my message! :) Ask me how! :)


p.s.s. I have an amazing boyfriend as of this summer. He loves the Lord and is my best friend of 8 years. Yay God for being funny and bringing the right people in your life even when you're 13 hours away and least expect it. Haha. ;)


2 comments:

  1. So excited to hear more about your school year! Going to be missing you at church & CCG! Let me know when you come back into town sometime and we will grab lunch again! God bless you Megan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emmyjo! Missing y'all too! I will definitely let you know so we can grab some Whole Foods again! Yumm! :)

      Delete