Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October 19, 2011

Hey everyone!

So it's only 10:52am and it's already been a FANTASTIC day!!
I'm currently reading this WONDERFUL book by Candace Cameron Cure, yes the "Candace Cameron" from "FULL HOUSE" the TV show.  She's an amaaaazing Christian woman and has really transformed the lives of many women through her books, lectures, etc...

The book is called "Reshaping it all", and if you know me at all, you've known that I've struggled with self image and being content with just all encompassing the way I look.  The book talks about Cameron's testimony of how through the entertainment industry, and marrying a Pro NHL Hockey player, she faced much adversity with feeling like she had to be perfect, and a toothpick.  She went through a short faze of bulimia (I've never had an eating disorder, I love food WAY too much) but then after, God showed up and really showed her how she should be living.

Through finding out who she is in Christ, I mean REALLY finding out and knowing how much God loves her, and each and every single one of us, she was able to look at weight loss in a healthy, manageable way, and has kept it off for over 15 years now! Her main points of focus are through focusing on the Word, and really putting your faith at the forefront and to the test, we will no longer look at food as something that controls us or that is constantly on our minds, but something that adds to our life as a supplement.  Also, one thing that has really stuck out to me so far is that when I think I'm hungry, I have to ask why am I hungry, and if I'm eating just to eat, because I'm bored, because I'm emotional... etc. It really put it into perspective for me.  Food shouldn't be something that you eat and eat and eat just because you feel like it's the one thing you can consistently have control over, aka my problem haha, but rather should be eaten when your body needs it to give you more energy and more fuel, in correct portions.
Wow run on sentences, sorry, haha.

So I'm starting on this new revelation.  It's making me focus more on the Lord and take my eyes off of myself, which is something that I've wanted for so long.  Eating until I'm satisfied, not full, and not just eating to eat but really stopping to think WHY?

Anyways... done with that rant.

On a happier note!!! BIG LITTLE WEEK IS THIS WEEEEEEEEEEK!
I got my first presents today!!!
A BEAUTIFUL AST Wreath, and a basket full of frog stuff (our mascot) and a tshirt!!! :)
So adorable. I'm so happy and excited!!


Love,
Megan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment