Sunday, October 23, 2011

Retreat

October 23, 2011

There are no other words than "high" to describe how I'm feeling after this weekend with my sorority.
Now, before you start freaking out thinking that Megan has gone off the deep end, let me explain what I mean.

This weekend, I experienced over a full 24 hours with the SAME ~125ish people, in usually a confined space/area... and there wasn't one single big problem with anyone.  We all represented what sororities are actually supposed to look and act like, be like, represent.  I can't tell you guys who aren't in my sorority some specific activities we did... or if I can I just always feel like I can't because I'm breaking a rule of some sort, but I can tell you a few things!!!

Like:

1) I jumped off of a 33 foot platform called the fall of death or something, AND I RANG THE BELL. *pat myself on the back for that one*.  You basically climbed up a tree that swayed 1 1/2 feet either way as you were going up and had to somehow make yourself stand up while holding on to um... NOTHING.
Did I not mention the space you stood upon was literally the size of a shoebox?
You're harnassed in of course, but that's not helpful to the mind when you're suspended.
Anyways... I was the last to go in my group and it was instinctive, I knew I'd be sooo ticked at myself if I didn't do it.  And I was one of two people to ring the bell as you were jumping off (you tried to wack it with this short pool noodle lookin thing) and I felt prettttttty great.

2) I met soooooo many more of the actives this weekend and really got to know some more pledges AND actives.  In simple terms, I love every single girl in my sorority, for our differences, and omg mostly for our oddities.  I literally received a message from someone saying "Yae I'm so glad you're weird I haven't found a pack of weirdos to hang with in a while!"
Perfect for Megan? Um yes.

3) I got to experience Dunkin Donuts for the first time today.
This is good and bad.
Good, because everything there is DELICIOUS and they have free samps.
BAD because now I want it all the time and their vanilla chai tea is only $1.69 and tastes like heaven. Literally.
They also messed up my order and gave me a blueb muffin instead of a pumpkin one. Safe to say I got to keep both, without much convincing.

4) I am so incredibly proud to wear the AST letters... it's truly the best decision of my life.  These girls will be my bridesmaids, my sisters, my friends for life.  LOVE YOU AST!!

Love,
Megan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment