Monday, January 16, 2012

Time to brag about Jesus number ..... infinity.

Helloooooooo Brag about Jesus time # ... infinity.

(Before I get started... check out my newest original song, "Overcome"!! You can hear the amazing story behind what God's doing through it at the bottom of this post! :) :) :) :) :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpT4JSPtB4)

So here's what happened in my life today.

1) I woke up, and the music buildings I found out were supposed to be closed.  There's a monitor lady in there and she says we can't practice til 1pm when it technically opens.  Kayleigh (my drummer) shows up and we try to brainstorm what we're gonna do since we have to practice at this time... (10:30am).
- By the time Aaron (piano player) shows up we take a leap of faith to walk by said lady's open door where she was sitting to get to the big enough practice rooms and... BAM. She's gone and the door is closed.
-answered prayer #1. We practiced.

2) We practiced.
On the FIRST run through God was so with all of us instrumentalists.  Kyle (guitar), other Kyle (violin), Kayleigh (again, drums), Aaron (piano... which we found out later, after the fact he hadn't even LISTENED to the song, ever... he's just such a fantastic musician that he learned the song perfectly off just a chart!) and I.  The first run through was better than I've ever had a first run through, and it was just... amazing.  Ahhh! So good.
-It was the first time I'd had live musicians other than myself playing one of my songs. I felt like it was a glimpse of the future. Yae for Jesus working through me!

3) Got to spend some quality time with my girl Maci working out in the Heron Hallway!!!
-In the words of our RA, "You guys are lucky there aren't visitation hours this weekend, or them boys would be all up in this hallway staring!!!"
-Lunges people. And "Sexy squats" apparently.

4) I got a LOT of homework done.  I was feeling REALLY bombarded with a bunch of stuff to do and such... and I buckled down and focused for a couple hours and made a serious dent. Not all, but a solid dent.

5)  I checked on my youtube video I posted last night at circa like... 1am and GUESS WHAT? It had near 300 views already! (Around 3pm-ish)
-Then I checked around 10-ish... after the bball game (which we owned by like 50pts) and there was almost 400!
- Then I checked 1 HOUR LATER AND THERE WAS ALMOST 500 views!! In less than a DAY!
-GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!!

such an amazing feeling.

6) I got SEVERAL text messages from friends saying how the song ministered to them and how they felt Jesus through it.
-I mean this in the most humble way possible.  THIS IS ALL I WANT IN LIFE!
- Seriously, if I could have NOTHING ELSE, I'd pick being able to affect change in people and people's hearts to turn to Jesus, who is the Only One who can make them whole!
-Which brings me to this, if you're reading this and need encouragement, even if you don't feel like you know me... I'd love to talk to ANYONE, ANYTIME about the Lord! He's good to ALL and wants us ALL to live the best life we possibly can!!!

Here's the video again for anyone who hasn't seen it yet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpT4JSPtB4

Blessings!

<3 Megan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment