Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A reflection.

So I could write right now about my break, about my first week back at college, but something has come up much more pressing.  (I will write about that soon)

*Side Note* My first song of my album is PRODUCED AND READY TO GO!
Title: "You Are". Can be seen very roughly on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/meganswansonmusic

I need to brag about my God, hardcore right now.

(Happy Megan.)

Yeah... my hair is RED!!! (ish brownish) and I love it!
Also... I'm thinking of cutting it... which do you like?
No... I'm not showing you I can count to 4. 


Also... don't forget to read ALL the way to the bottom. There's a surprise!!!

Now to da' deepah' stuff...

As I grow up each and every day (or so it feels like in college) I feel as though a new opportunity arises where I could just crumble if I didn't have Jesus.  I'm serious.  I don't even care if that sounds cliché because it's 1000000% true.

For example. I've been trying to switch to a new voice teacher for a couple weeks now; been emailing my new and old one back and forth.  You'd think it'd be simple and that people wouldn't take it personally or as seriously as the world ending, but here at school it's a really big deal.  You must get 3 very important signatures, and in the process one of them must be your current teacher.  So after a lot of awkward and uncomfortable conversations, I finally got all 3. BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE!!!
Amongst literally praying every single step of the way, there seemed to be another complication.  For instance, the teacher I wanted to switch to is an adjunct (part time teacher) so they can't override her capacity of students, even though she said she had room for me and had already given me a lesson time.  So I casted that care on the Lord and spoke against it saying "devil, you have no authority to block me from getting the perfect teacher for me, I will be her student and this situation isn't too big for God, I trust in you Father that it's done in Jesus name and it's all worked out." You may think I'm crazy, but that's what the Word tells me to do so by golly I did it.

Problem two, the director of vocal activities doesn't have enough authority to override the situation either, so he had to get special permission from the DEAN of Music to help with this request.
So... although my flesh SUPER wanted to freak out, I prayed, thanking God that "He will give me the desires of my heart" (Psalm 37:4) as I delight myself in Him, so instead of worrying, (2 Tim 1:7) I chose to thank God that even that couldn't stop the situation, but rather that I WOULD study with the teacher I wanted.

Problem three.  The director of vocal activities said that since the teacher I requested's was full, he would have to put me in a studio of someone who is full time, whom I know nothing about. (Which could turn out to be really awesome, it just wasn't what I was praying for...)

All of this spanned between 2 days.  Mostly 1 day between 11am and 1pm.

Manyyyy hours later, (around 10pm now, going to check my email with Godly hope still hanging on,) I see I have an email from the teacher I requested, saying that by "fate", a student had JUST switched majors out of being a music major FROM HER STUDIO, opening up a spot for me!!!!!!!!!!!
- Fate? Nah. God's just good! :)

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! Even when, and ESPECIALLY WHEN we can't see the way out with the natural eye!

So that's the first thing I got to brag about. :D

2nd of all, I secured an accompanist today who is organized and I'm really excited about.  This late in the running, it's a miracle he had spots open. Praise God!

Also.  I thank God that He's given me strength to fast this week.  I've walked in bondage to food for a really really long time, not even realizing that I was putting food around... 2nd in my life, and certainly not putting God 1st.  I didn't realize how much I really idolized it, thinking about it all the time even though I was so afraid of gaining weight at the same time.  It's funny how the devil tries to mess with you in that way, trying to create a vicious cycle of hate towards yourself in constant bondage to the one thing that makes you unhappy about yourself.

BUT... thanks to a solid 3 weeks at home where Pastor Tony just so "happened" to be speaking on the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:2) for 3 weeks straight, my faith was built up soooo much, and I just soaked up the time with my family, and church family.  (Click here for some AWESOME teaching from him!!! Just click on the Sermons/Teaching tab! He's wonderful in every way.)

I felt myself being transformed and it was amazing! With more time in the Word than just a mere chapter a day, I find myself truly thinking on things of Christ from the minute I get up, and I realize now how deep of a hole I'd gotten into thinking of myself and what I looked like pretty much 24 hours a day.
So back to fasting... my church here in Nashville as a congregation are fasting this whole week (M-Fri) and I've never fasted before.  So come Sunday night I prayed about what the Lord would have me fast, knowing well that a 5 day "water fast" was not the right fast for me, because I'd most likely do it for the wrong reasons; that being to lose weight.  So I prayed and quickly God showed me!
So here's my plan for the week:
Monday (yesterday) was a Daniel Fast (all uncooked fruits and veggies) - harder than you'd think.
Tuesday (today)- Liquid Fast... only drankin liquids!
Wednesday (the peak for me of the fast) ALL WATER! - I will be STANDING SOO FIRM on Philippians 4:13 tomorrow (I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me) it's gonna be craaaazy.
Thursday- another liquid fast
Friday- Back to Daniel.

I'm excited for what the Lord will reveal to me as I spend time with Him and He gives me ears to hear!!!!! :) He's so good. He never fails.  It's impossible for His promises to be No as long as it's in His will.

I'm pumped. and guess what? I just got done studying for like 3 hours of MUSIC HISTORY and I'm still this pumped about Jesus. That's the joy He brings!!!!! :)

Go God.

Goodnight.

Megs. :)

p.s. LAURA "FOZZYBEAR" FOSTER (aka Best Friend In The Whole Wide World) is coming to NASHHHHHVILLLLEEE right before my spring break! Watch out world, we're being reunited in a whole new city! Love her!










 

No comments:

Post a Comment